Historical buildings are limited in Corop due to the temporary nature of the buildings of the late 1800s. Corop was a bustling township in the early 1900s, with a blacksmith, stores, library, hall, hotels and much more but societal change, combined with the ravages of time (and white-ants), leave little for the historian.
There remain two old churches — the Church of England (circa 1892) and the Presbyterian Church (circa 1883) — but both are privately owned. What was a butcher shop (one of several hotels in Corop) in the late 1800s is also a private home. The school closed in 1983 and is also now a home. A number of shacks, sheds, houses and cottages dating back to the first settlers are scattered around the district on farms.